I managed to complete the Two Oceans Half Marathon despite my persistent fever and flu symptoms. The official time of 2h44 is worse than expected but I'm grateful for my bronze metal because lots of people did not make the cut-off point on time.
Two issues that upset me were the fact that I could only run 3,5 minutes into the race (there were 11000 half marathon runners) and when I did start running I felt a little held back. In addition, there were 2 u-turns where we had to slow down. Solution for next year? A "C" seeding rather than the lousy "D" I got. This means I need to identify a half marathon that can give me a good qualifying time so that I can come back to settle the score. I also need to work on my uphills runs.
On a positive note, the weather was great throughout and the race was largely well organised.
