Monday, April 6, 2009

Triple dose of a morale booster

On Saturday I played a round of golf, on Sunday I completed the Slomag 21k and tonight (Monday) I won the Impromptu Speech Contest at the Toastmasters Area Speech Contest and will now be competing at Division level. The cherry on top was getting home early enough from the speech contest to spend an hour with my son, tell a bed-time story and tuck him into bed.

Immediately after my golf round on Saturday I had issues with my right leg and was not sure if I'd be ok to run a 21 the next morning. I also felt a bit fatiqued after a rather difficult round but felt a need to give my running a well-deserved boost. I set my watch before going to sleep and when it ran at 05h00 I was good to go.

This has been an amazingly active week for me. I can't recall the last time I had such an action packed few days.