Monday, June 8, 2009

Zuma's 500k jobs make perfect sense




Everybody is concerned about President Zama’s promise of 500 000 jobs in a time when our economy is in a recession. I say give him a break; surely he has done his home work. After all he’s a president, isn’t he? Now as far as I recall he didn’t quite elaborate what those 500 000 job are, so, nobody should shoot him down just yet. Here’s how I break it down.

Firstly, each municipality will be asked to issue a tender for picking up papers on the streets for only one day. That’ll amount to a substantial number of jobs. If this still doesn’t add to 500 000, then Public Works will be requested to employ people to each dig up a hole for one day to make up the balance. If this still doesn’t add up, the balance will be made up by the guys asked to cover the holes that have been dug. There you are - 500 000 jobs for the masses.

What I didn’t get though, is why all his wives fell asleep during the opening of parliament.