
It took us two hours to get into the Wits University Park n Ride and ended up arriving during the disappointing opening ceremony. This is the worst I have seen coming from South Africa and hope they will have a better plan for the World Cup.
Other issues I feel could've been better organised:
1. The Park n Ride at Sunninghill was cancelled without warning so we had to look around for an alternative. I had to use my mobile phone to locate other Park n Rides through joburg.org.za.
2. At Wits we were not allowed through the Empire Road entrance, which was totally unnecessary. We had to use the overcrowded Jorrisen Street entrance and had to queue for over 2 hours. Wits security only opened the second and third gate much later despite being warned of long queues.
3. FIFA didn’t bother letting people know about using other Park n Rides when Wits was obviously not working out. We didn't know whether it was worthwhile going to Nasrec or Bez Valley.
4. At the stadium food ran out before the opening ceremony so we had to snack on chocolate and biltong. People running the stalls were not even embarrassed about it.
5.Returning back was apparently a bigger nightmare but we thankfully left the stadium before the final whistle.
Hopefully FIFA will iron out some of the issues we experienced because I can’t imagine going through this again. I’ll be at Ellis Park on the 18th for Egypt vs. Italy.
